❝ Going through a difficult health condition drains you in many ways. In such a condition, to look for a new way of treatment can be stressful and time consuming, often not leading to any effective results. When one does find a promising remedy, it takes time to verify the claims made by those promoting it. I went through the same process and the same stresses in my quest for an answer to my chronic prostatitis and epididymitis conditions.
When I came upon phage therapy as a possible cure to my problem, I could get answers to many of my questions about phage therapy from reading a lot of scientific and medical research papers available online. It had also been covered by independent international media in a few online articles and videos. However, I tried to find someone who had undergone phage therapy and could share their experience with me, but in vain.
Even after I made up my mind to go to Georgia for phage therapy, I felt apprehensive. So many questions plagued my mind - Is this therapy going to work for me? Will it have any side effects? What will the clinic be like? Do they follow standards of hygiene and cleanliness that will make me comfortable? Will my doctors be able to talk to me in English? How qualified are the doctors? Is Georgia a safe place to travel to?
These, and many more. After all, there was no one whose first hand experience I could rely on - it was a shot in the dark for me. A leap of faith.
Having gone through the experience of walking into the unknown, I know how unnerving and scary it can be. Once I knew I was in the right place, with the right doctors, and saw the successful outcomes of my treatment, I decided to try and make this journey easier for other people who may have to go through it. This led to the creation of Vitalis Phage Therapy.
My wife and I want to ensure that if a person is suffering a chronic health condition or an antibiotic-resistant infection, that person does not have the additional burden of figuring out from scratch everything that we had to figure out regarding phage therapy - the use and efficacy of phage therapy, the safety of phage therapy, the best place to take phage therapy, as well as information about travelling to and living in Georgia, etc.
Our endeavour is to share our considerable experience and knowledge with anyone who may want to explore phage therapy for their health condition, and make it accessible to those in need. From the time you contact us till you take phage therapy, we will be here to hold your hand and guide you as best as we can, so that you feel confident and sure-footed when you go for the therapy. ❞
Founder, Vitalis Phage Therapy
How We Can Help
As the official partner of the Eliava Phage Therapy Center, we can help you in the following ways:
Before Your Treatment
- Information: We have collected and compiled detailed information about phage therapy, including independent research, articles and videos, which we have shared on this website, thus saving you the time to search for these resources on your own.
- Patient Experience: We would be happy to share with you our experiences with phage therapy and the Eliava Phage Therapy Center, where Pranav has been treated. Some of the patients whose treatment we have facilitated have agreed to share their experiences too, we can put you in touch with them to enable you to take an informed decision about phage therapy.
- Communication: Hundreds of patients contact the Eliava Phage Therapy Center everyday. We are your primary point of contact with the Center to facilitate your communication with them, direct your queries to the appropriate doctors there, and help you get quick and effective answers.
- Treatment Guidelines: We can provide you information regarding standard treatment timelines, the usual pre-treatment testing that the doctors recommend, and the mode and manner in which phages are usually administered. Please note that we do not give any medical advice, and can only provide general information based on our experience and our communication with the Center.
Testing: Before you travel to Georgia for treatment, we can help you send your samples to the Center for diagnostic testing and phage sensitivity matching. We provide the transport kits that are required to send samples via courier. Sending samples in advance is beneficial in two ways:
- The test result will show you whether your infection is sensitive to their readily available standard phage preparations. If not, you will have the option of ordering a customised phage medicine for your particular infection. This usually takes 6-8 weeks to prepare. If you send the sample from India beforehand, you will only need to travel to Georgia once your custom phage is ready, should you need it.
- Your test results will be ready with the Center when you reach there, so your treatment can begin almost immediately upon your arrival. This will reduce the total time you need to spend in Georgia for your treatment process.
- Visa Requirements: For passport holders of certain countries, including India, Georgian visa requirements can be quite complicated. We can help you with figuring out the requirements for you, with the visa application process, and with obtaining an invitation letter from the Eliava Phage Therapy Center for your treatment.
During Your Treatment
- At the Center: During treatment, you will be in the capable hands of the doctors at the Eliava Phage Therapy Center. However, if you need any help or support, we will be available to talk to you and help you the best we can.
- Around Tbilisi: We travel to Tbilisi, Georgia frequently, and have acquired a lot of local knowledge about the place. We can give you lots of useful tips on finding a hotel that suits your needs, foreign exchange requirements, getting around locally, the best restaurants to dine in in Tbilisi, and lots more.
After Your Treatment
- We expect that at the end of your treatment cycle at the Center, you may be given phage medication to be taken over a period of 1 – 3 months. For this duration, we will be in regular touch with you, and would be happy to facilitate any treatment-related communication that you may wish to have with the Center.
We will always be available in case you would like to talk to us regarding any doubts, concerns or questions you have, before, during or after your treatment.
If you, or a loved one, are suffering from a health condition or infection that is not getting better with antibiotics, please do get in touch with us. The answer to reclaiming your health might be closer to you than you think.